Tuesday, September 20, 2016

WE ALL NEED TO DREAM...









Last week, 
I told you about my
love affair fixation with Pinterest. 
 I mentioned 
that it was a place where
 dreams and ideas could take shape, 
and I've come to believe
 that there is a fine line 
of distinction
 between the two.





I was recently inspired 
by the folks at Arhaus 
to tell my story of how 
I decorate and get ready for fall.

You can check out 
some of their furniture here
for your own dreams and inspirations. 

 I was impressed
with the quality and beauty of their line, 
so thought I would share 
a couple of pictures 
that caught my eye...




Aren't these pieces elegant?...





...wouldn't these two
 beautifully appointed rooms 
be eye-catchers 
decorated for 
the holidays?





Something about
this 
little chair 
really speaks to me 
in the classic black and white check.
Those beautifully turned legs 
with the small casters. 
Warm and cheerful 
yet so elegant.






The above pin 
was one taken from Arhaus'
 Fab Florals board 
and I thought I'd have 
a little fun 
and try to recapture it
 in my own 
fall sitting room setting.





It is always fun to dream 
and Pinterest
 gives us all a chance to do that.

  In my own humble little Cottage,
 where dreaming is second nature,
 let me tell you 
how my personal fairy tale 
will play out
 this fall.




Fall and comfort
 seem to start with
 the sofa in our sitting room.

  Last season, 
I made a couple of pillows 
to bring in the colors
 and I added a new one this year
 from Home Goods.






I stenciled 
some autumn leaves 
on the back of a Halloween pillow 
so that it could extend its use 
and added a heavy throw,
 also from Home Goods,
 to make a comfortable space 
where we could enjoy
 a cup of hot cider.

While it's not quite 
fireplace weather yet,
this will be just the place
 to be 
when it is.





I already 
showed my shelf over the sofa 
but since then,
 I added a couple of small wreaths 
on the shutters
 and a few more autumn accents
 to bring 
the warmer color
 into focus.




Our "undecided" cedar chest 
carries a basket full of
harvest bounty and...






...the game table
 displays its usual colorful arrangement
 with the addition of 
some pretty pumpkins 
and a 
rustic runner.

I want to thank everyone
 for their input on the cedar chest.
  I am taking everyone's opinions
 under advisement 
and will let you know shortly 
what we decide.





Hope 
you never stop
dreaming.


...Judy...





Sharing this week with:
















23 comments:

  1. Oh Judy, everything is perfect. Your home looks so warm and welcoming and I would love to sit awhile.
    Your home always looks perfect.
    Enjoy your week.
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I just love your pretty sitting room. The furnishings and decor are so cozy and inviting. It really is lovely. Enjoy the rest of the week.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, I love all your wonderful fall decorations. The shelf above your sofa is so sweet. Love the wreath on your lace curtains...because I love the curtains so much. Lace curtains are my all time favorites. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy - Your fall décor looks so warm and cozy! I love that black and white big checked chair. Gorgeous!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice furniture Judy and I agree that black and white chair is lovely. You home is lovely with all of the fall touches. Nicely decorated shelf too I might add. Thank you Judy for sharing at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Judy I am swooning over your beautiful fall decor. Your sitting room looks so cozy and welcoming. I love that black and white check chairs with her sweet legs and casters too. That is a great piece. Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is so warm and inviting and a perfect fall showcase. I love Arhaus. It's a great store.
    Have a good evening and kisses for Kai. xo, T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so mesmerized by the beautiful fall colors that make up your spaces, Judy! Very warm and cozy. I love the furniture at Arhaus. My son bought many pieces for his own home there.

    Love this post!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy! You have such a knack for making beautiful, cozy rooms. So pretty and ready for fall. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Judy! You have such a knack for making beautiful, cozy rooms. So pretty and ready for fall. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so ready to join you at the fireplace! Your cottage is so welcoming. Yes... Pinterest is a great place for dreaming and getting ideas.. but I have to control myself and not go there too often as is very easy to while away hours and hours just "looking" at things. I dream, but then I get nothing actually done! But I do go there if I'm looking for something particular. The furniture you showcased is lovely.. I dream about just having one piece of furniture that is NOT a thrift store find or "hand-me-down".... LOL. I love your sofa in your living room and all the pretty pillows... such a nice neutral color for a backdrop of colorful pillows in the Fall! everything you have done for Fall is so warm and nice and I love it all! I don't do much Fall decorating, maybe a table runner and some candles on the table (but our dining table is always so full of junk that I don't decorate it much unless company is coming!)..... my f/p mantle has no room for anything as that is where I keep my photos and it's very narrow, but I may tuck a sprig or two of some fall leaves or tiny pumpkins. Sometimes when I visit Pinterest, I just get too overwhelmed with all of the ideas, and I end up doing nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy, you have the most charming home. I love getting a glimpse inside. Your stenciled pillow is lovely and yes, that black and white chair is a must have!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It seems that all I ever do is dream lately, tooooo much pinterest lately. I do love the black and white checked chair for sure, the rollers would kill my floor though. I like everything you have in your home and nicer than any pinterest board I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You never fail to impress and entertain us with your wonderful house of dreams. Everything is so elegant and precious. I love how you group things together to make such wonderful statements. Your house is warm and inviting for the coming rainy season. Enjoy your dreaming my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sofa does look comfy and ready for fall♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi my sweet friend! Thanks so much for the warm welcome back!! Do you know, I can't believe how quickly summer passed by... we were so busy, but we had such a wonderful summer. Now that things have slowed down a bit, it's so much fun to have time to blog :)
    I've missed seeing my friends, and seeing what ya'll have been up to.
    I love, love, love your Fall touches!! I put a bit of Fall out, but I'm waiting until we return from one more trip to really dig out the totes and go full on Fall around here :)

    By the way.. I love the chest ... all chippy and distressed. I really do, and it has such a warm look and tons of character!

    Thanks again for the warm welcome back, and Happy first day of Fall to you and the Captain!

    {{hugs}}
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi my sweet friend! Thanks so much for the warm welcome back!! Do you know, I can't believe how quickly summer passed by... we were so busy, but we had such a wonderful summer. Now that things have slowed down a bit, it's so much fun to have time to blog :)
    I've missed seeing my friends, and seeing what ya'll have been up to.
    I love, love, love your Fall touches!! I put a bit of Fall out, but I'm waiting until we return from one more trip to really dig out the totes and go full on Fall around here :)

    By the way.. I love the chest ... all chippy and distressed. I really do, and it has such a warm look and tons of character!

    Thanks again for the warm welcome back, and Happy first day of Fall to you and the Captain!

    {{hugs}}
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You home is lovely and just adore the wagon in the living room. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party. We love having you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You don't need to dream Judy...you're livin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You don't need to dream Judy...you're livin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your home looks so warm and welcoming. Love your decor. We purchased our dining room table from Arhaus, and they were very professional to deal with. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes we all do need to dream. I love Fall. How have I not seen that coffee table before?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your home always looks so inviting. Love that black and white chair.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy