Tuesday, November 25, 2014

THANKSGIVING WISHES...









"As we express our gratitude
 we must never forget that the highest appreciation is
 not to utter words, 
but to live by them".

John F. Kennedy








I am very thankful for the many friends I have met through blogging and
 for the chance to be invited into their lives and
 for my husband and family 
who love,
 and do right by me,
 no matter what.






So wherever your journey takes you, 
whether it be over the river and through the woods, 
or along an interstate highway
 stuck between a Toyota and a Buick,
 I wish you safe travels and 
the blessings of family and friends
 waiting for you 
at the other end.





"When the gray-haired
 New Englander
 sees round his board
The old broken links of 
affection restored,
 When the care-wearied man
 seeks his mother once more,
And the worn matron smiles
 where the girl smiled before,
What moistens the lip 
and what brightens the eye?
What calls back the past,
 like the rich Pumpkin pie?'

John Greenleaf Whittier, 1807 - 1892, "The Pumpkin"







Many thankful blessings to one and all...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING


...Judy...










12 comments:

  1. Beautiful vignettes!!!! That pie looks soooooo yummy :o)
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a warming post. Makes me feel at peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post.
    Thank you for the lovely thoughts and quotes :)
    Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving too!!

    Your friend..
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post, Judy! May you and your loved ones have a joyous Thanksgiving! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just had to stop by and wish you a happy and blessed thanksgiving, Judy.
    Save me a slice of that pumpkin pie, YUM!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so beautiful - love the poem about the pumpkin pie too - and stuck between the Toyota and the Buick made me laugh. Happy Thanksgiving my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving Judy! I am thankful for your friendship and your wonderful blog that I always look forward to reading. Your mantle looks so festive, I like those turkeys and you know I like antique postcards! Are those persimmons?!
    Have a great day!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pictures and the poem, Judy! I, too, am so very grateful for my family -- today and every day. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sweet Friend, what a beautiful post. Love the poem and the cozy feel to visit here. You always make it special. Hope your Thanksgiving for memorable and December is off to a great start.
    Hugs and Blessings
    XO
    I think you might have just visited me as I saw your name as my spam was deleted. Some comments still going to spam but overall the glitch is so much better. sorry I missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving weekend, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thankful that I have met you through blogging Judy! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and are enjoying the preparations for the Christmas season. Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your quotes and pictures
    Hope You had a great time with family and friends

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy